What is Interlibrary Loan (ILL)?
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) service allows LU and LIT registered students, faculty, and staff to borrow from other libraries if items are not available at the Mary and John Gray Library.
For more information, please read our Interlibrary Loan (ILL) policy.
Your Username and Password
For LU students, faculty, and staff
- Username for ILL account is your Lamar Electronic Account (LEA) username.
- Password for the first time user is your LU email in email@example.com format. For instance, if Mr. John Smith's email is firstname.lastname@example.org, his password will be email@example.com It's mandatory to change your password after your first time login.
- Username for ILL account is lit_username. For example, the ILL username will be lit_jsmith if John Smith's username is jsmith.
- Password for the first time user is your email. It's mandatory to change your password after your first time login.
To reset your password, you need to have:
- Your ILL account username
- A LU/LIT e-mail address to be used for notification
- Hour: Monday-Friday from 8 am -5 pm CT
- Tel: (409) 880-8987
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Copyright Information
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted materials. Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction. One of these specified conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be "used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research". If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of "fair use", that user may be liable for copyright infringement. This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law.